Special Guest Post From Austin!

We have been writing explanation texts in room 4 this term. We know that an explanation text explains How or Why something happens. We also know that pictures or diagrams help to explain something. Austin is pleased to share his explanation text below.

Where does rain come from?

Rain comes from the sun and the clouds. The water goes up to the sun but before it does that it turns into steam. The steam turns into clouds. When the clouds get too heavy the water falls back on to the landscape and into the water. That happens over and over again,and it is called the water cycle.

If there was no sun there would be no rain.

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 1.36.29 pm

What do you think of Austin’s explanation text?
Did you learn something?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Special Guest Post From Austin!

1. Amelia & Eadie says:

hi room4
    we learnt that it is called a water ccycle and that it happens over and over again. we did’t know that the sun heats the water.

2. Amelia says:

Hi room 4
    I like Austin’s explanation text because it tells us about the rain so much that my mum learned lot about the rain
    From Amelia

• Mrs Buckby says:

Hi Amelia,
      Thanks for leaving another quality comment. I’m so glad you were able to teach your mum something! Like I always say, we can learn so much from each other. That’s also why I love blogging because we can share what we know with the whole world!
      Do you think the picture helps to explain the water cycle?
      See you soon.
      Mrs Buckby.